The Irish Branches of the Western Front Association present a One Day Conference To End All Wars? The Aftermath and Legacy of The First World War
Date: 5 October 2019
Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm (Registration at 09:30am)
Venue: Dublin Port Company, Port Centre, Alexandra Road, Dublin 1.
- Prof. Gary Sheffield, (University of Wolverhampton, President of the WFA): ‘Hinge of the 20th Century: The Aftermath of the First World War’
- Gerry White, (Island of Ireland Trustee, WFA): 'From Gunner to Guerrilla - Tom Barry's Road to Rebellion'
- Lar Joye, (Heritage Director at Dublin Port): ‘A Divided Company - Dublin Port and the Impact of the First World War’
- Dr. Darragh Gannon, (Queens University, Belfast): ‘Beyond Versailles: Ireland's Global Revolutionary Moment’
- Dr. Jennifer Wellington, (University College Dublin): ‘Exhibiting War: The Great War, Museums, and Memory’
- Chair: Dr Brendan O’Shea, (European Trustee, WFA)
Tickets (including tea/coffee) can be purchased at https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/to-end-all-wars-the-aftermath-and-legacies-of-the-great-war-tickets-68244632533?fbclid=IwAR3chrrn0mfw5Hp2gKiCuB22enNk_wDWsm4hv2nLmfEuD1Kkjk94HKWFK6M
or at the door.